Vikram Sarabhai Vikas Shishyavrithi Yojana: Vikram Sarabhai Vikas Scholarship Scheme: https://www.prl.res.in/Vikas: PRL VIKAS sHISHYVRUTI: Vikram Sarabhai Incentive Scheme (Vikas) Scholarship The “Vikas” scholarships have been instituted in the memory of the founder of PRL, Mr. Vikram Sarabhai. The objective of this scholarship is to encourage and support economically weaker students from rural areas of Gujarat to pursue higher education in science. The applicant should be a student studying in class 8 in a government recognized school in a rural area of Gujarat. The applicant has to fill the online form on the PRL VIKAS scholarship website by the date of registration by 12th January 2024.
Vikram Sarabhai Vikas Shishyavrithi Yojana
- PRL VIKAS sHISHYVRUTI Vikas Scholarship is only for students studying in schools in rural areas and from low income families.
- In this scheme, at least 50 percent of the total number of scholarships will be given to girls.
- Students studying in class 8 in rural areas of Gujarat whose total annual family income is less than 1.5 lakh can apply for this scheme.
- Under PRL VIKAS sHISHYVRUTI the selected students will be eligible for a scholarship of up to ₹1,00,000/- over a period of four years.
PRL VIKAS SHISHYVRUTI
Eligibility, Terms and Conditions
- A student studying in class 8 in a government recognized school in a rural area of Gujarat can apply for this scholarship.
- The selection of students for Vikas Scholarship will be based on the marks obtained by them in class 7, the total annual income of their family and the marks obtained in the screening test, which will be conducted by PRL.
- The applicant has to submit a written certificate from the school principal stating the following details.
- Name of the student and whether the student is a regular student of the school
- Name of the Board of Education to which the school is affiliated.
- The registration number of the school board or Gujarat Education Department should be indicated.
- Details of whether the school is Government/ Semi-Government/ Trust-managed / Self-Finance.
- School medium of study.
- Whether the school is located in a rural area of Gujarat
- In order to apply online for this scheme, the student has to provide the income proof which clearly shows the annual income of the student’s family. This instance should be given by any one of the authorities mentioned below.
- P.R.L. will verify the evidence furnished by the students selected for the scholarship along with the application and if any particulars are found to be incorrect or the required information has been deliberately withheld then the award of the scholarship will be withdrawn for that candidate.
- The scholarship will be awarded to the student every year the student continues his studies in the following year.
- Students will have to submit a copy of the result and a certificate of the continuation of their studies at the end of each academic year during the scholarship period.
- A student will be given scholarship after class 10 only if he gets admission in science stream in class 11.
- A student getting scholarship under this scheme should not be getting scholarship under any other scheme.
- Any time any discrepancy is noticed in the application of the scholarship holder, the scholarship of that student will be stopped immediately.
- PRL reserves the right to change any rules, selection process or conditions related to the scholarship without prior notice. is independent.
- Last date to apply online: 12 January 2024
- Selection Exam Date: 21 January 2024
Thank you for visiting our education website. Your support and engagement are greatly appreciated, and we hope our resources have been helpful to you.